Saturday, December 4, 2010

Bio - Esther Baleinuku

(Soloist - People of the Sea)




Bula my names Esther Baleinuku, I am 18 years of age. And a daughter of a pastor in the Immanuel Church Mr. & Mrs. Sakiusa & Vani Baleinuku who currently reside in Sigatoka, Nadroga/Navosa.

I have two older Sisters and two younger brothers. My Educational journey saw me attended Vishnu Deo Memorial School for my Primary Education and then carried onto Lelean Memorial High School for my Secondary School Education, finishing this year in Form 7.

From the tender age of 6 I loved to sing and would sing in church with my father playing the keyboard. One of my favorites song, would be that of Darlene Zscheck “Hear this praises”. Up until now I would only prefer to sing in Church, Open Air Missions, and Conferences until I decided to join and try out this production.
It for me, has been a wonderful experience to see the many untapped talents our nation has and so far this production has had a profound influence on me. It’s full of inspiriting songs, very friendly and loving people who share in the common love of singing with me. I love the fact that we begin each practice with a prayer to the almighty and end practices with a prayer as well. I believe putting god first would see such a Production or anything for that matter come to fruition.

This production has somewhat told me to cherish and hold onto to my heritage as a Fijian, which is somewhat slipping away for many with the movement to globalization. It has also taught me and the Cast of this production to always also place god first in the many things we commit to. It has also taught me to have faith in myself and has given the edge and the courage to tackle whatever comes my way and has seen me make a whole lot more friends, most of whom are older than I am.

All in all I would like to thank firstly the almighty for giving me this chance to experience, and for Mr. Igelese Ete and the Production team in having me deliver a solo part in the song “People of the Sea” and for bringing such a production to our shores again and in turn helping show case the many talents Fiji has to the rest of the Pacific and the Global village we live in.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank the families that have supported me during the long hours and late nights of production practice, to the Balenuku family, Mataitoga Family, Leweniqila Family, Logavatu Family, Cagilaba Family, Kotobalavu Family and last but not the least Utuvou Family and to my Aunty Mrs. Keasi Masikerei for giving me her full support.

A Big Vinaka Vakalevu & Thank you.
Esther Baleinuku.